Welcome to the Auburn Career Center GED® Information page.
Auburn Career Center offers services to adults that can assist you in your pursuit of a better job, greater income potential and ultimately a better life for you and your family.
If you are interested in receiving the Ohio $80 GED® Test Voucher payable towards the $120 test fee, we need to:
- Provide you with information on adult education services and
- Offer you the opportunity to receive career and educational guidance.
Please read through the following information to learn how to receive your voucher.
Auburn Career Center Adult Basic & Literacy Education (ABLE) Program offers FREE
- Basic skills, GED preparation and transition to adult education/college classes,
- Day and evening classes at sites throughout Lake and Geauga Counties,
- Help to improve your math, reading or writing skills,
- Classes to learn to speak, read, and write English (ESOL).
Auburn Career Center Workforce Development offers programs for adults who want to train for a new career. We offer training for practical nursing, machining, electrical, welding, automotive, and office assistance careers. You can be ready to start a new career in as little as a few months. Most programs begin in the fall; others start throughout the year.
Full-time and part time classes vary from a few weeks to a full year.
Financial Aid is available for most full time programs. For financial aid information, go to Financial Aid page.
Our goal at Auburn Career Center is to provide a greater workforce through professional training, through integrating technologies, and participation in the community. Our catalog which provides a wealth of information on our courses, certifications, financial aid, and our application process.
There are many other services available to assist you with a job search, researching a career field, financial aid, transitioning to adult education/college and much more: