Does technology fascinate you? Would you like to get your hands on the latest tech products out there? Are you interested in virtual reality, laser cutters, hardware and software? Then Technology Engineering and Design is the fit you are looking for.
If you want to be part of a program that created a virtual reality tour of Auburn Career Center using a 360-degree camera, you should probably take a seat behind the computers in this lab. You will learn how to program, how to deal with computer hardware and how to project manage. This class allows your imagination to expand infinitely. If you are irresistibly drawn to a new idea, you can go ahead and explore it. You are only limited by your own imagination.
Want to show off what you can do? You could compete in the local, state, and national level at SkillsUSA or in a national cyber security competition. This program has brought home many medals in past years. You too could be part of that legacy.
If you are ready to explore your future in technology, apply to the Technology Engineering and Design program today!
Successful completion of the program will provide the student with:
Knowledge and Skills of Languages and Applications
This program prepares students to :
- Build, evaluate, troubleshoot and maintain computers both hardware and software
- Determine and use the best application program(s) to use for a process
- Engage in the world with 21st Century Employability Skills
- CompTIA A+ (801-802
- IC3 (Internet and Computing Core Certification)/ GS4 Global Standard 4
- Microsoft Digital Literacy
- OSHA Career Safe
Articulated College Credit
- Lakeland Community College 7 credits