Aubum's Aspire Program provides Free services for:
- GED Preparation: classes to prepare for the Official GED test.
- Employment Skills: brush up on math and reading skiIIs.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): language classes to learn to speak, read, and write English.
- Distance Education: work from home in addition to class time.
You must attend an Orientation Session before beginning classes. You may attend Orientation at any location, regardless of where you plan to attend class. Exception: all ESOL Orientations are held at our Painesville Aspire Site.
Call (for orientation dates, locations ,and times) or view the schedule on our website.
Call today to schedule an orientation session 440-358-8027.
To be eligible for classes, a student must be 19 years of age. Students 16-17 years of age must meet the age exceptions listed in the Ohio Administrative Code. Call for details.
The GED test is a computer based test that must be taken at an official testing center.
Aubum Career Center is an OFFICIAL TESTING CENTER. Auburn can also issue you a state voucher for $80 that will help cover the
$120 cost of the test. You will only pay $40.
Many students ask how long they will need to attend class in order to take the Official GED test. This depends on your skill level, how often you attend,and personal circumstances.
Classes for English Speakers of Other Languages are only held at our Painesville Aspire Site. You can call that site at
440-354-5551 to schedule an orientation date and time.
Classes are held at the following sites in Lake and Geauqa County
- Auburn Career Center
- Cardinal Board of Education
- Lakeland Community College
- Madison High School
- McKinley Community Center
- Ohio Means Jobs-Geauga County
- Painesville Aspire Site (All ESOL Orientations held here)
Aspire classes are offered mornings and evenings at various locations throughout Lake and Geauga Counties. See our website for location schedules at http://www.auburncc.org/AspireGED.aspx