Welcome to the Auburn Career Center GED® Information page.
Auburn Career Center offers services to adults that can assist you in your pursuit of a better job, greater income potential and ultimately a better life for you and your family.
If you are interested in receiving the Ohio $80 GED® Test Voucher payable towards the $120 test fee, we need to:
- Provide you with information on adult education services and
- Offer you the opportunity to receive career and educational guidance.
Please read through the following information to learn how to receive your voucher.
Auburn Career Center Adult Basic & Literacy Education (Aspire) Program offers FREE
- Basic skills, GED preparation and transition to adult education/college classes,
- Day and evening classes at sites throughout Lake and Geauga Counties,
- Help to improve your math, reading or writing skills,
- Classes to learn to speak, read, and write English (ESOL).
Auburn Career Center Workforce Development offers programs for adults who want to train for a new career. We offer training for practical nursing, machining, electrical, welding, automotive, and office assistance careers. You can be ready to start a new career in as little as a few months. Most programs begin in the fall; others start throughout the year.
Full-time and part time classes vary from a few weeks to a full year.
Financial Aid is available for most full time programs. For financial aid information, go to Financial Aid page.
Our goal at Auburn Career Center is to provide a greater workforce through professional training, through integrating technologies, and participation in the community. Our catalog which provides a wealth of information on our courses, certifications, financial aid, and our application process.
There are many other services available to assist you with a job search, researching a career field, financial aid, transitioning to adult education/college and much more:
Auburn’s Aspire Program provides FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training, and employment. Services available:
= Adult Secondary Education/High School Equivalence Preparation: Classes that prepare students for the High School Equivalency Certificate
= Employment Skills: Brush up on math or reading skills
= English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): Free classes to learn how to speak, read or write English.
= Distance Education: Study from home in addition to class time!
ADULT DIPLOMA OPTION: If you are 22 and would like to take Stick Welding or State Tested Nursing Assistant for Free and at the same time earn your high school equivalency, this program may be for you!
Classes are offered mornings and evenings at various locations throughout Lake and Geauga Counties!
To receive your GED® voucher number contact:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- In the email please include your full name, address and phone number.
- Phone Call: Wendy Lauer at 440-358-8278
- In the phone message please leave your full name, address, and phone number.
- Mail: Auburn Career Center/Wendy Lauer, 8140 Auburn Rd., Concord Twp., OH 44077
- In the mail message, please include your full name, address, phone number and email address.